Engaging Readers!

Popular Reads

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Billboards Music Awards: BOOTIES RUNNING THE GAMUT: Nicki Minaj Performs "High School" Wth Weezy As The Prop

The Wilder, The Racier, The Better.   

It just feels like it goes too far…  


It feels like a scene from Player’s Club or one of those back in the mid-late 90's stripper on a pole movies…I’m very surprised at Nicki for wanting to do a performance like that. All this attention on her derriere is getting more press and attention than her rap game. Where in the fine print did it say …and at some point you will need to let your sexuality become the focus for your musical career? Where did talent become compromised and sexuality became the only source of selling one’s craft? If it’s going to be there, which it is, then let it emphasis your talent. It just disgusted me as a young woman because I feel like I see it every day. Women objectified every day and we’re supposed to be “empowering” ourselves. We’re taking a purposeful step and confusing it with something else. Bouncing your ass in front of a camera lens in a guy’s lap doesn’t necessarily register as a strong, intelligent, hard-working, and driven woman. It looks like a parody. Wayne was looking like he appreciated the gesture immensely but the last I checked they weren’t even studying each other “on that level”, so maybe there’s something I don’t know. I’m not into all that kind of “news”. Males and women who are fond of the posterior are the only ones who were digging that booty shake. Her bending over and sticking her hand in between her legs did it for me. I’m at home watching this with my family and it mortified me to sit next to my mother and we’re watching this garbage together. She was like, What the h*ll is this?!!! I’m still wondering how a performance like this was even acceptable. After talking one day with one of my friends she tells me Nicki has changed and wasn’t the same from the Nicki that came out on the scene. Because I haven’t been following her I didn’t notice the difference. But now that my eyes are opened to paying attention to details of that sort – yea, there’s a difference. The whole Barbie image is more prevalent now. I think Hollywood is a trap. Give it time and you will see a change in someone from the time they go in and stay in for 20 years or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon