Engaging Readers!

Popular Reads

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

NBC's "The Voice" from last night



Absolutely enjoyed The Voice on NBC tonight with new members on the panel: Shakira and Usher. Shakira really fits in with the guys and it's kool. My mother asked me if she was better than Christina and honestly I feel that Shakira connects more. Both women are secure and strong female music Artists. So far the sass and spunk is infectious. Great performances too! Who caught Usher's slip up on Nashville being a state?!! Too funny he couldn't stop laughing. Blake is actually very funny too. Shakira is a great talker, knowing exactly what to say to reel 'em in. Great introduction.

I was emotional for two particular contestants: the 16 year old Caucasian girl who said she was teased for her "crooked" teeth and no one really knew she could sing and the black guy who's mother has lung cancer and at most has 6 months left to live. So touching and heartbreaking...his tears broke my heart. She was able to be there though and was yelling for him all the way when Usher turned his chair around. Very happy moment. The girl's name was Danielle and she is so cute with her blonde hair. Very sweet girl. This is one of the things that drives me crazy and probably because I experienced bullying, isolation, condemnation, and the likes in my youth. How is it that a girl like her could be treated so badly?!! How, as a society, do we choose who's "worthy" and who's not. What gives us the right to do that shit? Because of the crap she put up with she resulted in singing only to herself, in her room, and it wasn't until a Thanksgiving when she sang to her whole family did they realize this child had a gift. There are people out here right now who have amazing talents who felt the need to hide it for fear of something...

Anyways the show was bomb and you should definitely catch it tomorrow night as well. It was tough switching between it and Dancing With The Stars which was also excellent. Music is definitely a major part of my life, all of our lives. The dancing and the singing makes me happy because maybe that's what I secretly want to. The premiere of the show I missed with Kelly Pickler from American Idol. At the end there was a snippet for viewers to vote and I saw her. She is a bad ass dancer! Especially tonight with her partner Deric. Insane. Never knew the girl had it in her. She can sing and now she can dance! It continues tomorrow so I'll be tuning in then too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon